Oracle Database 11g – Administration I
This Oracle 11g training course will allow the student to gain the skills necessary for day-to-day administration
of an Oracle database.
Who Should Attend
The primary audiences for this course are: Database administrators Web server administrators System administrators Implementation specialists Data center support engineers Senior application designers and developers.
Major tasks to be considered within this course are:
Configuration of the Linux and MS Windows operating systems in anticipation of a database installation
Server Class installation of the Oracle 11g R2 Enterprise Edition database
Verification of a valid database installation
Database administrator interface options, including the use of Enterprise Manager, command-line SQL*Plus, and
terminal console SSH
Database DE installation
Online software patching
Startup and shutdown of database services and related software components
Super administrator authentication options
an in-depth exploration of the database architecture, including memory, process and data structures, and the
management of those structures.
Management of database files.
Specialized facilities intended to maximize performance of enterprise-scale transactional applications, such as the
shared SQL and PL/SQL cache, the Result Cache, the database buffer cache, and other similar components.
Management of security policies and procedures, including administration of user accounts, roles, privileges and
Utilization of advanced self-tuning and self-management capabilities, including the use of Oracle-Managed Files,
database Advisors and other components of the Management Framework.
Performance monitoring, problem troubleshooting, and resolving lock and conflict issues.
using the Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL interfaces for administration tasks.
Control over database support services, including the Database Control, Oracle Net and others.
A primer on backup and recovery structures and strategies.
Operating system-specific considerations for various platforms, especially Linux and MS Windows Server.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Installation and Upgrade Volume
- Manually Starting & Stopping Database Services
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture: General
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture: Instance Memory
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture: Instance Processes
- Creating an Oracle Database
- Enabling Transparent Data Encryption
- Manage Databases Storage Structures: TableSpaces
- Manage Database Storage Structures: Advanced TableSpaces
- Manage Database Storage Structures: Data Files & Temp Files
- Managing Undo Data
- Network Environment: Oracle Net Services
- Network Environment: Oracle Shared Servers
- Security: Implementing Database Security
- Security: Administering User Security
- Moving Data: SQL Loader
- Moving Data: Export & Import
- Database Maintenance & Performance Monitoring
- Managing Concurrency & Locks
- Backup and Recovery Concepts and Configuration